Practice Areas

Family Based Visas

Modern families come in many shapes and forms, and the advent of affordable travel and global communication has brought an increasing number of families with members who were born in more than one country.

The three most common ways to obtain residency for foreign partners and family members are:

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, when a spouse or immediate relative of a U.S. citizen is inside the U.S.

IMMIGRANT VISAS, when you begin the paperwork while your partner of relative is outside the U.S.

FIANCÉ VISAS, when your partner is outside the U.S. and you want bring them into the U.S. in order to get married.

The immigration system remains in the gatekeeper’s position, and obtaining the optimum status for family members can be a challenge. We can help you sort through the alternatives to find the solution that fits your needs.

Call MigrationCounsel, immigration lawyers in Hawaii, today for a no obligation consultation on any immigration question you may have at (808) 695-3560 or RSVP to one of our Free Monthly Visa Information Workshops.